Booking is super quick, with instant confirmation. Just follow a few simple steps and you could be chatting with a doctor today!
To be able to attend your appointment you will need a smartphone, tablet or laptop with a camera and a good internet connection.
We'll send you an email and SMS confirmation with appointment details
You'll get a reminder email and SMS just before your appointment is due to start
Tap the link and join the virtual waiting room.
The doctor will admit you and your appointment begins.
Your appointment lasts up to 10 minutes.
When your appointment ends simply close your window.
Congratulations, you've just had your first online doctor consultation!
Step 3 - After your appointment
If you require a medical certificate or a referral the doctor will email this to you following your consult. Please note this can take up to an hour.
If the doctor prescribes you medication during your consultation, you will receive an SMS. Choose between home delivery or browse to find your most convenient pharmacy for pick-up. If you opt for home delivery, you can choose a time that suits you and the pharmacy will be in touch to arrange this; or if you opt to pick up, the pharmacy will give you a time to collect your medication. Pick-up is free and delivery is just $5.
If you require face to face treatment or an in-person follow up after your online consult, you can be referred to one of up to 50 GP clinics from Whangarei to Christchurch.
The following types of problems are not suitable for telehealth:
• serious, urgent problem likely to need a physical examination.
• If you are unable to use the technology (e.g. confusion), physically disabled or have serious anxieties about the technology (unless relatives or friends are on hand to help).
• If you are deaf (some deaf and hard-of-hearing patients may find video difficult, but if they can lip-read and/ or use the chat function, video may be better than telephone.)
• If you are aged under 18 (ie under the age of 18, do not have your parent or guardian consent and presence during the consultation.)
• Speak only very poor English or have English as a second language and do not have access to an interpreter during the consultation.
• If you are visually impaired a telephone consultation would often be best for you.
• If you need controlled drugs. Our doctors will not prescribe any controlled drugs even if they are “repeat prescriptions” for ongoing conditions. Any controlled drug has to be prescribed only after an in-person consultation.
An online appointment lasts for 10 minutes of face to face time with the doctor and allows the doctor another 5 minutes to complete other tasks such as writing letters on your behalf.
If you need more time at the end of the consultation you should discuss this with your doctor before the consultation ends. The doctor may suggest booking another telehealth appointment or a face to face visit. There may be an additional or new charge for this; please discuss this with the doctor.
All our doctors are based in New Zealand (mostly in Auckland) and are experienced licensed medical practitioners registered with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
If you need a follow up, you and the doctor you should discuss this before the consultation ends. The doctor may suggest booking another telehealth appointment or a face to face visit.
No, we do not under any circumstance prescribe controlled drugs via Bettr. Our doctors will not prescribe any controlled drugs even if they are “repeat prescriptions” for ongoing conditions. Any controlled drug has to be prescribed only after an in-person consultation.
If the telehealth consultation fails (picture stops or freezes or sound stops) the doctor will immediately ring you on your mobile number to assist you or complete the consultation on the phone.
As long as it’s not a medical emergency you can make a doctors appointment at Bettr and get help with a wide range of healthcare services such as; ACC follow-ups, hand and foot issues, fevers, allergic reactions, rashes, skin problems, respiratory problems, coughs, cold and flu, medical certificates, oral health, mental health and many more. For more details on what we can (and can't) treat see our treatment services.
The price of Bettr consulations drops to $45, and under 14s are free!
Get access to all 40+ Local Doctors GP Clinics and White Cross Urgent Care clinics
Most in-person GP consults are $20 or under when you register
*If you require face to face to treatment following your online consult, you can be referred to one of our nearly 50 GP clinics from Whangarei to Christchurch.
*Most in-person GP consults are $20 dependent upon the clinic