Telehealth Patient Consent, Privacy and Terms
The risks of having a video consultation can be:
- a video consultation will not be exactly the same, and may not be as complete as a face-to- face service
- there could be some technical problems that affect the video visit,
- this healthcare service uses systems that meet recommended standards to protect the patient privacy and security of the video visits. However, the service cannot guarantee total protection against hacking or tapping into the video visit by outsiders. This risk is small, but it does exist.
- I have read and understand the Bettr – Virtual Consult Patient Information
- If the video visit does not achieve everything that is needed, then I will be given a choice about what to do next. This could include a follow up face-to-face visit, or a second video visit.
- I can change my mind and stop using the video consultation at any time, including in the middle of a video visit. This will not affect my right to ask for and receive healthcare.
Consent to release patient information to ACC (only applies if this telehealth consultation relates to an accident or injury)
- I authorise Tamaki Health to lodge my/the patient’s claim with ACC.
- I declare that I have provided true and correct information and I will tell ACC if my or the patient’s situation changes.
- I authorise my/the patient’s records to be collected or disclosed to ACC to help determine cover for this claim, determine what I/the patient will be entitled to, or for research purposes (such as injury prevention, or assessment, and rehabilitation)
- I agree to have a video consultation with a Bettr doctor*, for myself or the patient named provided
- I agree not to record or have another person record or take photographs of the teleconsultation without the written permission of the Tamaki Health doctor.
- If the Bettr doctor and I both agree that taking a photograph of me/the patient during the consult is a necessary part of the consultation eg of a mole or rash, then I give permission for the doctor to do this.
- I agree that have legal authority to give these consents on behalf of the patient.
*Bettr is a part of Tamaki Health